Since our founding in 1985, Gallery C has established itself as one of the Southeast’s leading fine art galleries. Located in Raleigh, NC, Gallery C brings talented artists and important artwork to the attention of serious private collectors, corporations and museums. Our North Carolina gallery features over thirty contemporary artists as well as historically important North Carolina art, Haitian art, folk art, animation art and antique prints.
Gallery C is located in the Historic Russ-Edwards House, in the heart of Raleigh’s Historic Oakwood District. This fine Neoclassical Revival house was built c. 1900 by William Marcellus Russ, who had served as Mayor of Raleigh from 1895 to 1898.
Use the links below to learn more about us:
Appraisal & Resale
Gallery C specializes in examinations, appraisals, and the resale of historically important North Carolina painters and sculptors from the 19th and 20th Centuries. We are actively seeking artwork by these artists for our annual Best of North Carolina exhibition and welcome all inquiries regarding this show. Please call or send us an email if you would like our assistance in valuing your artwork.
Gallery C participates in the following art fairs:
Charlene Ferrell Newsom, Founder/President Charlene Ferrell Newsom, a native North Carolinian, founded Gallery C in 1985. Her early passion for art led her to Wake Forest University and a degree in art history. The gallery reflects her studied expertise in both contemporary art, as well as historic Southern painting, cartography, and antique prints. Charlene enjoys research and writing on topics of historic North Carolina art, and was a regular columnist for ArtSee magazine.
- Christopher Lambert, Sales Associate Christopher Lambert is 30 years old, is originally from Yardley, Pennsylvania and currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina. Chris graduated with his BFA from Tyler School of Art/ Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. At Tyler, he studied Jewelry/Metals/Cad-Cam and later created his patented products called the Tieverso and Tieverso-S; which are accessories that decorate man neckties and women’s silk scarfs. Chris travels around the east coast, participating in Art Rider and Sugarloaf craft shows to promote his new products. His work can also be found on his website, www.crlpursuit.com
- Chris Edwards, Head Framer Chris Edwards is a North Carolina native who heads Gallery C’s framing department. She has been associated with the gallery since 1989.
- Member of Downtown Raleigh Alliance
- National Association of Professional Women
- Cumming Map Society
- Philip Lee Philips Society
- Professional Picture Framers Association
- Preservation North Carolina
Gallery C offers the following services: