Since our founding in 1985, Gallery C has established itself as one of the Southeast’s leading fine art galleries. Located in Raleigh, NC, Gallery C brings talented artists and important artwork to the attention of serious private collectors, corporations and museums. Our North Carolina gallery features over thirty contemporary artists as well as historically important North Carolina art, Haitian art, folk art, animation art and antique prints.
Gallery C is located in the Historic Russ-Edwards House, in the heart of Raleigh’s Historic Oakwood District. This fine Neoclassical Revival house was built c. 1900 by William Marcellus Russ, who had served as Mayor of Raleigh from 1895 to 1898.
Use the links below to learn more about us:
Appraisal & Resale
Gallery C specializes in examinations, appraisals, and the resale of historically important North Carolina painters and sculptors from the 19th and 20th Centuries. We are actively seeking artwork by these artists for our annual Best of North Carolina exhibition and welcome all inquiries regarding this show. Please call or send us an email if you would like our assistance in valuing your artwork.
Gallery C participates in the following art fairs:
- Morris Museum of Art Print Fair (Jan 24-25, 2014)
- Emerge Art Fair (Oct 3-6, 2013)
- Asheville Art Museum Print Fair (May 3-5, 2013)
Charlene Ferrell Newsom, Founder/President Charlene Ferrell Newsom, a native North Carolinian, founded Gallery C in 1985. Her early passion for art led her to Wake Forest University and a degree in art history. The gallery reflects her studied expertise in both contemporary art, as well as historic Southern painting, cartography, and antique prints. Charlene enjoys research and writing on topics of historic North Carolina art, and was a regular columnist for ArtSee magazine.
- Julia Harmon, Assistant Curator, Picture Framer and Designer With over five years of framing experience, Julia Harmon is the head of our picture framing department. She is also in charge of the gallery’s installations and exhibition preparation. Julia graduated with an MFA in Painting from Savannah College of Art and Design, and a BA in studio art from Guilford College. Her extensive education and training give her an invaluable edge in design. Julia is also a practicing fine artist who regularly shows her work throughout the triangle.
- Christopher Lambert, Sales Associate Christopher Lambert is 30 years old, is originally from Yardley, Pennsylvania and currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina. Chris graduated with his BFA from Tyler School of Art/ Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. At Tyler, he studied Jewelry/Metals/Cad-Cam and later created his patented products called the Tieverso and Tieverso-S; which are accessories that decorate man neckties and women’s silk scarfs. Chris travels around the east coast, participating in Art Rider and Sugarloaf craft shows to promote his new products. His work can also be found on his website, www.crlpursuit.com
- Savannah Fitzpatrick, Social Media Correspondent Savannah Pagán Fitzpatrick is a New York based Arts professional with a Bachelor’s degree in both Art History and Human Geography from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Savannah enjoys research and writing, particularly with regard to manifestations of cultural identity in Latin, Afro-Latin and West African (and their often linked Diasporas) Art. She freelances in social media management and art writing, and works in arts and cultural public programming.
- Chris Edwards, Head Framer Chris Edwards is a North Carolina native who heads Gallery C’s framing department. She has been associated with the gallery since 1989.
- Sharon Bell Glazener, Design Consultant Sharon is a Raleigh native, the daughter of local landscape architect, Dick Bell and Mary Jo Bell, owner of the Garden Gallery (1963-2006). She has a degree in Design from North Carolina State University. Sharon grew up working in her mother’s gallery, which makes her knowledge of North Carolina art generational and extensive.
- Member of Downtown Raleigh Alliance
- National Association of Professional Women
- Cumming Map Society
- Philip Lee Philips Society
- Professional Picture Framers Association
- Preservation North Carolina
Gallery C offers the following services: