Since our founding in 1985, Gallery C has established itself as one of the Southeast’s leading fine art galleries. Located in Raleigh, NC, Gallery C brings talented artists and important artwork to the attention of serious private collectors, corporations and museums. Our North Carolina gallery features over thirty contemporary artists as well as historically important North Carolina art, Haitian art, folk art, animation art and antique prints. Use the links below to learn more about us:
Appraisal & Resale
Gallery C specializes in examinations, appraisals, and the resale of historically important North Carolina painters and sculptors from the 19th and 20th Centuries. We are actively seeking artwork by these artists for our annual Best of North Carolina exhibition and welcome all inquiries regarding this show. Please call or send us an email if you would like our assistance in valuing your artwork.
Gallery C participates in the following art fairs:
- Morris Museum of Art Print Fair (Jan 24-25, 2014)
- Emerge Art Fair (Oct 3-6, 2013)
- Asheville Art Museum Print Fair (May 3-5, 2013)
Charlene Ferrell Newsom, Founder/President Charlene Ferrell Newsom, a native North Carolinian, founded Gallery C in 1985. Her early passion for art led her to Wake Forest University and a degree in art history. The gallery reflects her studied expertise in both contemporary art, as well as historic Southern painting, cartography, and antique prints. Charlene enjoys research and writing on topics of historic North Carolina art, and was a regular columnist for ArtSee magazine.
Sharon Bell Glazener, Associate Sharon is a Raleigh native, the daughter of local landscape architect, Dick Bell and Mary Jo Bell, owner of the Garden Galley (1963-2006). She has a degree in Design and grew up working in her mother’s gallery. Her knowledge of North Carolina art is extensive. She is also a superb picture framing designer.
Chris Edwards, Head Framer Chris Edwards is the head of Gallery C’s framing department. She has been associated with the gallery since 1989.
- Anna Rogers, Registrar Anna is a Greensboro native, living and working in Raleigh, NC. Her passions for art making lead her to study her craft at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Member of Downtown Raleigh Alliance
- National Association of Professional Women
- Cumming Map Society
- Philip Lee Philips Society
- Professional Picture Framers Association
- Preservation North Carolina
Gallery C offers the following services: